Development Progress

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2008 at 3:36 PM
There is still a lot of work to do.  I will publish updates here.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 7:04 PM
hey fellow developers, I am working on a pretty significant reworking of the combat tracker.  I have split the Combatant class into an interface and two separate implementations: PlayerCharacter and Monster.  I have also moved the creation of Monsters out of the combat tracker and implemented a Monster editor control that loads in another tab.

I don't think this will affect what orion104 is working on, but it could mess with lachoneus8's changes.  I should be checking in in the next couple of days once I have worked out some of the details.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 7:07 AM
I fixed what I had broken in the CombatantImporter.
I also moved it to the Services project where it belongs rather than leave it in the Domain project.
I performed several refactorings including renaming the CombatantImporter to DungeonsAndDragonsMonsterImporter, extracting an interface from the import (for looser coupling and easier mocking), refactored a couple of the tests on the importer, did some renaming (I am very anti-abreviations in code)
I added some functionality that allows in the importer to pull directly from ddi.com by monster name and safe the monster to the local repository (I don't have an account, so I could only test with level 1-3 monsters)
I integrated the importer directly into the monster menu for easier access.

I really slacked off on the tests this time, I'm sorry to say.  I will be adding them over the next couple of days and commiting them as they are complete.

lachoneus8: thanks for all the hard work on that importer!  It is an excellent addition.  If you get the latest and look at the tests for it, you will notice that I added a bunch of hooks for additional info that is part of the Monster class but was not in the Combatant.  If you would take on the challenge of getting those items into the Monster object during the import process, I would be very grateful.  Let me know.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2008 at 6:22 AM
I have integrated mpotter's D&D Insider Character Builder Importer into the UI.  This should facilitate the use of the combat tracker by Insider subscribers.

Thanks for the hard work, mpotter!